Accountants for Individual
Even if you are not a sole trader, you may still be required to file a Self Assessment tax return with HMRC.
Some situations which can require the filing of self assessment tax returns and the payment of any associated taxes due, include:
- being a director of a company;
- being a partner of a partnership;
- earning more than £100,000 in a tax year;
- earning more than £50,000 while your partner receives Child Benefit;
- earning income through employment that was not taxed by your employer;
- receiving income from abroad;
- being a trustee;
- making a gain on the sale, transfer, exchange or dispose of an asset (a second home, for example);
- eceiving income from investments, savings or the rental of property; and
- receiving ncome from the estate of a deceased person.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, so if you are concerned about your tax situation, please contact us for a free consultation.
We can help individuals and families with assessing and making Working and Child Tax Credits. Please contact us for more information.