Whether you work as a contractor occasionally or full-time, you will need to consider:
- your tax obligations;
- your tax and financial reporting obligations;
- the most tax efficient way for you to carry on your contractor trade;
- if and how you are affected by Agency worker and ir35 legislation;
- trade specific regulations; and
- maintaining sufficient financial records.
How we can help
Our clients range from I.T. contractors to project managers to teachers.
We are accountants for contractors and freelancers, and also operate as contractors ourselves. So we are in a unqiue position to share our first-hand insight and help you make the most of this trade.
Typically, our contractor clients require the following services from us:
- business start-up advice and incorporation;
- tax planning;
- Self-Assessment tax return preparation and filing with HMRC;
- Company tax return preparation and filing with HMRC;
- preparation of annual accounts and filing;
- assessment of IR35 and Agency worker legislations as they apply to you;
- RTI submissions to HMRC (filed each time you pay an employee or a director);
- tax rebates;
- National Insurance refunds; and
- expense claims.