Specialist accountants for locum doctors
Whether you are a GP locum, a hospital locum doctor, a locum pharmacist or any other NHS locum, and whether you work as a locum occasionally or full-time, you will need to consider:
- your tax obligations;
- your tax and financial reporting obligations;
- the most tax efficient way for you to carry on your locum trade;
- if and how you are affected by Agency worker and ir35 legislation;
- trade specific regulations;
- impact on your NHS pensionable earnings;
- maintaining sufficient financial records; and
- employee administration.
How we can help
What makes us specialist accountants for locum doctors and other NHS locums is that we have also worked as employees and locums for the NHS, and so are uniquely placed to share our insight and help you make the most of this trade.
Typically, our locum clients require the following services from us:
- business start-up advice and incorporation;
- tax planning;
- Self-Assessment tax return preparation and filing with HMRC;
- Company tax return preparation and filing with HMRC;
- preparation of annual accounts and filing;
- assessment of IR35 and Agency worker legislations as they apply to you;
- RTI submissions to HMRC (filed each time you pay an employee or a director);
- tax rebates;
- National Insurance refunds;
- expense claims; and
- NHS pension contributions via Forms A and B.